[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: anna500  
Forum » Manga-Arrow » Current Staff and Apply to be on the Staff » Apply for Staff Postion (Here you can apply to be one of are awsome staffers!)
Apply for Staff Postion
anna500Date: Friday, 2011-01-28, 4:22 AM | Message # 1
Novice
Group: Administrators
Awards: 0
We are currently looking for:

• J-E Translator
  • K-E Translator
  • C-E Translator
  • Raw Provider
  • Editor
  • Quality Checker
  • Proofreader
  • Cleaner
  • Typesetter

If you would like to join just post it here, e-mail us using the Contact Us page, or pm me.

What does a _____ do?
A J-E tranlator - translates Japanese to English.
A K-E translator - translates Koren to English.
A C-E translator - translates Chinese to English.
A Raw provider- provides raw scans for us.
A Editor - Cleans the raws, re-adjust them as needed, and type sets them.
A Quality Checker - Goes through the final copy of the manga doing some fine adjustments on them.
A Cleaner - Cleans raw manga so it can be typsetted.
A Typesetter - Picks fonts and places them in the manga.
A Proofreader - Reades through the translated copy of the manga to make sure that the grammer and spelling are okay.

p.s. Cleaners and Editors do NOT have to clean the SFX. They can if they want but it is not mandator.

KitsunayDate: Wednesday, 2012-06-20, 8:21 AM | Message # 2
Novice
Group: Mod
kon'nichiwa, I can do some J_E translation, but casually, so any more than an hour a week depends solely upon how motivated I am. I figure that a single translator is better than nothing, even if I can only devote a small amount of time to translating.

I have studied japanese alone for about 2 and a half years, and I'm finally capable of reading, rather than translating, the simpler sentences with the aid of my dictionary. I am capable of the longer sentences as well, but I can only read the grammatical structure of those; I still need a dictionary to understand them.

I am beginning to get a 'feel' for the meanings of words, and to pick up some vocabulary. I am capable of looking up kanji without furigana, but only if I can clearly see the strokes. I regularly practice on the stockpile of japanese materials I have gathered over time, mostly consisting of raws and a few books.

Translating difficult materials for long periods of time does drain me, but if I am motivated, I have at least 10 hours a week that I can use for translating. I will, however, mention that 1 hour a week is how long I'll likely spend when I get burned out by translating.

If you have any questions, please ask. I can also answer any questions your staff may have about the basics or intermediates of japanese, but I am not yet a pro, mostly due to being at a point in which my only way to improve for now, is to get used to what words are commonly used in what situations, and to build my vocabulary. Yoroshiku onegai shimasu.

P.S
I am quite proficient with english, and I'm able to get the general emphasis/nuance of most japanese sentences, so I can generate relatively natural sounding translations.

anna500Date: Saturday, 2012-07-07, 9:41 AM | Message # 3
Novice
Quote (Kitsunay)
kon'nichiwa, I can do some J_E translation, but casually, so any more than an hour a week depends solely upon how motivated I am. I figure that a single translator is better than nothing, even if I can only devote a small amount of time to translating.

I have studied japanese alone for about 2 and a half years, and I'm finally capable of reading, rather than translating, the simpler sentences with the aid of my dictionary. I am capable of the longer sentences as well, but I can only read the grammatical structure of those; I still need a dictionary to understand them.

I am beginning to get a 'feel' for the meanings of words, and to pick up some vocabulary. I am capable of looking up kanji without furigana, but only if I can clearly see the strokes. I regularly practice on the stockpile of japanese materials I have gathered over time, mostly consisting of raws and a few books.

Translating difficult materials for long periods of time does drain me, but if I am motivated, I have at least 10 hours a week that I can use for translating. I will, however, mention that 1 hour a week is how long I'll likely spend when I get burned out by translating.

If you have any questions, please ask. I can also answer any questions your staff may have about the basics or intermediates of japanese, but I am not yet a pro, mostly due to being at a point in which my only way to improve for now, is to get used to what words are commonly used in what situations, and to build my vocabulary. Yoroshiku onegai shimasu.

P.S
I am quite proficient with english, and I'm able to get the general emphasis/nuance of most japanese sentences, so I can generate relatively natural sounding translations.

We would love to have you on our team! By the way I am sorry for the late reply but, anyway welcome to Manga-Arrow!

trewdysDate: Friday, 2012-07-13, 6:26 PM | Message # 4
Novice
Group: Mod
Hello. I'd like to apply for Proofreader and Quality Checker. (Why aren't they the same role anyway) English is my first language and I am very meticulous and detailed in general. I'm also assuming that the release schedule is not as tight as that of current anime sub groups

Message edited by trewdys - Friday, 2012-07-13, 6:27 PM

anna500Date: Saturday, 2012-07-14, 7:03 AM | Message # 5
Novice
Quote (trewdys)
Hello. I'd like to apply for Proofreader and Quality Checker. (Why aren't they the same role anyway) English is my first language and I am very meticulous and detailed in general. I'm also assuming that the release schedule is not as tight as that of current anime sub groups

Lol yeah don't really have a schedule. The release are probably going to be all over the place. And honestly I don't really know why they aren't the same lol. By the way welcome to Manga-Arrow!

Forum » Manga-Arrow » Current Staff and Apply to be on the Staff » Apply for Staff Postion (Here you can apply to be one of are awsome staffers!)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: